Join us this for a delightful Sunday trip from Birmingham to Stratford-Upon-Avon through pretty Warwickshire countryside – complete with a famous express steam locomotive from the golden age of train travel.
TYSELEY DEPOT GUIDED TOURS
PRICES STARTING AT £10
- Child Age 10 - 15 | Not suitable for children aged 9 or under
Guided Tour of Tyseley Depot
Behind the scenes guided tours of the original GWR 1908 built locomotive depot archaeology, locomotives and rolling stock with historical information!
Tour to include:
- briefing in original GWR staff club
- visit to locomotive roundhouse footprint & turntable
- miniature railway and locomotive depot to view operational locomotives (but not the engineering workshop)
- Tyseley GWR depot was opened in June 1908 and has seen continuous service daily ever since
- The depot is the largest remaining operational steam depot out of Britain’s top 50 depots by numbers of locos shedded.
- Steam locomotives have been available for service every day since 1908
- Part of the original depot area is in use daily by West Midlands Trains
- Preservation pioneering began at Tyseley in 1964 with the arrival of GWR 2-6-2T 4555 for main line service