VINTAGE TRAINS COMMUNITY BENEFIT SOCIETY
Vintage Trains Community Benefit Society (CBS) is the organisation established to set up our Train Operating Company and provide volunteer, financial and community support for the Vintage Trains group.
We are unique in being the only community run main line train operating company in the UK, but our existence is more than just running trains. Our aim is to build a community of members, supporters and volunteers who share the same aims of keeping heritage trains on the main line and developing our base at Tyseley into a thriving social, educational and entertainment facility for the local community.
We are managed by a Board of Directors made up of elected members and appointed representatives from Vintage Trains Charitable Trust and have teams of volunteers to manage different areas of the business and undertake a wide range of jobs all vital in achieving the above aims.
YOU TOO CAN BE A PART OF THIS!
We are now providing a unique opportunity for members of the general public who share our aims to join us and be a part of our exciting journey. You will also benefit from exclusive offers not open to anyone else and have the chance to get truly “hands-on” in a national train operating company.
You don’t have to live near to Tyseley as we have many volunteer opportunities that can be done from home – you simply need a computer and be connected to the web.
Come and join the Vintage Trains community, meet new people, make new friends, learn new skills and be a part of something special.
Membership of Vintage Trains CBS will provide a wealth of opportunities both for you and us!
Your subscription will help us:
- Develop the visitor facilities at Tyseley Locomotive Works to make the site and the collection more accessible to the public, as well as enabling us to host a wide range of social and community-based activities.
- Support the work of our volunteers.
- Offer open events, educational visits and guided tours.
- Develop mutually beneficial partnerships with local businesses, educational and vocational training organisations and community groups that will support the long-term sustainability of our business.
What will it cost you?
- £5 per month – the cost of a takeaway sandwich or a magazine (Can be paid £60 annually, or £5 monthly)
At the same time, it will give you the ability to:
- Become part of and help develop a new community of likeminded people interested in railways and wanting to keep steam alive on the main line.
- Make new friends and take part with volunteering opportunities on site, at home and on our trains.
- Help us create a tourist attraction and educational facility at Tyseley which tells the story of steam on the mainline from the early 20th century to our current operations today.
- Earn train miles in return for volunteer hours contributed which can be exchanged for discounts off Vintage Trains trips and tours.
- Influence what we do and what goes on as a member of the society and vote at annual board meetings.
- Learn new skills and gain transferable work experience.