How to Volunteer
Our volunteers are an essential part of the team at Vintage Trains and Tyseley Locomotive Works.
Volunteering gives you a chance to:
• Meet new people and make friends.
• Become a valued member of the team.
• Improve your confidence and self-esteem.
• Spend quality time away from your current lifestyle.
• To have fun in something different.
• Learn new and develop existing skills, knowledge and experiences.
• Give your CV a boost.
• Get back into work.
• Improve your health.
• Gain a new perspective and be inspired.
• Become part of a community.
• To use one's professional skills and knowledge to benefit others.
How you can help?
Get involved with:
• Stewarding on our train trips throughout the year and our summer program of Shakespeare expresses.
• Site maintenance – Restore rolling stock and preservation of operational site.
• Site cleaning – Maintaining the cleanliness of the facilities and workplaces.
• Thursday night maintenance.
• Fundraising, exhibiting at shows and leaflet distribution.
• Open day stewarding. – Working as part of a team to help make a visitor’s day safe and enjoyable.
• Locomotive and carriage cleaning.
• Support crew – On train trips to do the groundwork around the running engine.
Please note it must be understood that for the operational activities, individuals will need to under go appropriate supervised training and assessment of suitability.
Contact: (leaving name and address)
Our Volunteer Liaison Officer at: Tim@ vintagetrains.co.uk
Phone our office on: 0121 708 4960
Leave your details on one of our journeys